Day 29 - The person you want to tell everything to, but too afraid to Now that I think about it, I think the only thing stopping from me from doing so, is the fear of you thinking that I am some crazy, insecure, paranoid individual.
But if you have to change the way you act to gain approval from others then you aren't being approved... rather the character you play in life is who is being approved and you are some kind of spectator in a story that doesn't involve you...
It seems that we're all afraid of telling people things because of the reaction from them.
ReplyDeleteI think my one major fear is telling a secret and then having that secret leaked out to others - ultimate betrayal.
Yeah, kind of reminds me of this quote I found while back, "Think about how many of our fears come from how we think other people will perceive us".
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty scared about that too - having something leaking out. But I guess that all got to do with trust issues :)
But if you have to change the way you act to gain approval from others then you aren't being approved... rather the character you play in life is who is being approved and you are some kind of spectator in a story that doesn't involve you...
ReplyDelete@Anonymous: Very true, but I don't think it's a matter of approval really.
ReplyDelete