Last week was pretty busy with assignments and work. My second last assignment was due Thursday but surprisingly I finished earlier than usual and there wasn't a mad rush at the print shop the next morning so I managed to get everything printed/sorted/bound on time :D
I went to Vivid (Festival of Music, Lights and Ideas @The Rocks) on Friday night and it was really good! Perhaps a bit smaller than I thought? but maybe I didn't walk through the whole thing. Just realised we didn't go to Customs House which was where (one of) the highlights of Vivid is.. wah. But anyway first stop... Chat Thai! LOL :D


![]() |
| Hungry and grumpy... haha |
![]() |
| This was like.. the South-east Asian (and better) version of MeetFresh :D I liked it. It was like.. pandan, pumpkin and taro balls in coconut broth. |

The Opera House looked amazing. This year the projections onto the Opera House were measured to fit every tile and sail, whereas previous years it was just random blocks of pattern projected onto the whole building. The light projections were coming from the Passenger Terminal which is like a good 100-200m away and it's amazing how accurate the projections are. There were much better light patterns than the ones below but I didn't have the right setting on my camera at the time so a lot of the photos were shaky, siiigh. (NTS: Learn to fully utilise camera in end-of-sem break.)

![]() |
| Super grainy :( |

![]() |
| "Fire Dance" - A fire/light show where burst of flames were in sync with Katy Perry's 'Firework' and Stravinsky's 'Firebird Suite'. |
![]() |
| "(B)Right on Time" - the pathway under the Circular Railway was fitted with lights that would react everytime a train passed over the stop |
![]() |
| Projections on MCA |
Wishing everything the best for their exams!








Oh that's so nice!:D I might have heard about the VIVID festival but I forgot and I'm nocturnal again=\ Did you cut ur fringe?? very pretty and more matured^_^ Is ur hair curled or blown by the wind?:D
ReplyDeleteThe pics are REALLY nice:D And that purple dessert is amazing! There's something like it in Msia, but I think they only have the taro and some pearls? yummy yummy >~<
-jean-
Hi Jean :) Yeah I did get my fringe trimmed a bit but it looks the same =p my hair was just getting blown around by the wind heaps before the pic haha. The dessert was so yummmmmm and yeah pretty sure I've eaten something like it in M'sia as well. Craving some cendol atm LOL.
ReplyDeleteWoot! My best buddy's in sydney, so I might bring her to Chat Thai for the dessert if it's not too pricey:)
ReplyDeleteYou should load all your photos into the photo frame then put it out when you have guests so they'll be stuck there watching the slideshow... :D