I spent majority of today cleaning (to sweep away the bad luck.. LOL) and helped Mum with the grocery shopping and cooking for tomorrow. I also had a dentist appointment today where I saw Bernard and then Gary from primary :S So that was kinda awkward seeing as I haven't really talked to them since then.. haha. My dentist kept talking to me while he was cleaning my teeth! -_- So I kinda just had to smile and nod while I had all this dentist machinery and what not in my mouth..
"Eh, it's good that you get your teeth cleaned today, lah! You can start the new year with nice clean teeth!"
For dinner, we went to some Hong Kong restaurant in Carlo which was pretty dodgy. We had to wait an HOUR for the food which wasn't that great in the first place.. people that came in AFTER us got their orders way before us. My dad has this conspiracy theory that the people at the restaurant didn't serve us like the others there cause they figured out we weren't Canto or something =_= LOL. But when my Mum was ordering she spoke in Canto.. but maybe it was cause of the accent or something -_- I told my Dad he was being stupid, until we got the bill and then they over charged us by heaps then I was slightly more convinced ._. Last year we went to Istana in Parra and that was heaps fun! Everyone was helping to toss the Yee Sang.. (raw fish salad) to bring in good luck and wish for 'higher' promotions and what not.. and LOTS of prawns since 'prawn' in Hokkien is 'har', so lots of prawns = "harharhar" = "hahaha" = lots of happiness and laughter for the rest of the year LOL. I really want to go back to Malaysia to celebrate CNY. Hopefully next year, when I no longer have any school commitments. CNY in Aust just isn't as much fun.. and that's saying something seeing as I'm majorly white-washed haha.
Did anyone else's house/yards get flooded on Friday? :S My backyard looked like a wadding pool - there was about 15cm of water surrounding the back side of my house and all the shoes were floating away so my Dad had to go outside and get soaked to save my thongs heheh. Then this morning we woke up to find all whole heaps of red pine bark mulch in my front yard (probably some neighbours that got washed onto our lawn)........... yay free mulch LOL. One of the houses a couple of streets away had their whole front retaining wall collapse and the SES had to come and clean it all up :\
Oh yeah, my JM shirt finally came on Friday morning! Freaking IMEX and their inability to deliver on time (not that my shirt was really that urgent in the first place..).
Definitely not the most visually appealing shirt I own, but I just feel like more of a JM fangirl with it bahahah.
Apparently proceeds were meant to go the the Haiti Relief but the shirt was only $10 -_- + $15 delivery (lolol) so doubt the donation would have been much. I donated to Save the Children a month ago or something but everytime I give to charity I'm like reluctant. Not because I don't want to give money to them but because a lot of the times the money goes to the freaking charity's administrator's pay or something. I want to go and do some charity work after I've established myself, because honestly, physically going to a place in need and seeing what your help can do would be far more satisfying than transferring money from your bank account into a charity's account.
Wow really went off the tangent today.
Wishing everyone a happy new year and a happy valentines and/or single awareness day for tomorrow! :)
Steph.


"I want to go and do some charity work after I've established myself, because honestly, physically going to a place in need and seeing what your help can do would be far more satisfying than transferring money from your bank account into a charity's account."
ReplyDeleteShave your head :3
Happy Valentines Day/ New year steph! We went to that HK restaurant last weekend =] Except we only had to wait 20 mins. But the food was pretty bad....
ReplyDelete@Tony: Noo not my hair :( Me and serene want to go to like Cambodia and do stuff there 8D
ReplyDelete@Von: LOL was it the Jane's Kitchen one or something? You know we went there like 2 years ago for CNY Eve and we also had to wait like an hour -_- I don't even know why we went back there hahah
haha...actually I was talking about the other one- Hong Kong de cafe, in carlingford Village. I'd always assumed that it was the only HK restuarant in Carlingford because of it's name....oops. I've never actually been to Jane's Kitchen- my mum went there once and never went back. So I'm guessing it's pretty bad......
ReplyDelete