This year was ___(no idea what to say)___.
I spent a year in design school and learnt so much about not only design but also myself. I realised that there is a huge difference between your hobby and your passion (career-wise). In the end, even though design and all things artsy has always been a hobby of mine, I realised that generating graphics and other forms of visual communication was not something I wanted to do for the rest of my life as a career... kind of hard to explain (and I doubt many would understand). Regardless, I will never regret spending this year in Design because I have learnt so much and met some really amazing and beautiful people that I will remember for the rest of my life.
Other than uni, this year was the year I returned back to the workforce! And funnily enough, returning to the same company as well. I am very thankful that I landed myself in a job where I can work with coffee (which practically runs in my blood if you know me well enough) and some awesome work mates and even customers (...most of the time).
In terms of relationships with others, this year I have definitely drifted away from many many high school friends. But I guess it's good because you learn who are your true friends amongst the many who keep in contact only when it's convenient.
I was going to write a list of resolutions for 2012 but then I came across this:
"You don't need a plan for next year. You need commitment." - Seth Godin
So, for me, next year will be all about the big scary C-word... commitment! Commitments to loved ones, uni (especially), work and my own personal goals (that may or may not be carried on from this year haha).
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year! Let's hope the world doesn't end either... ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment