"Sup Steph! What've you got?"
"I got VA, I think.."
"Lucky, VA's easy... I got Chem..."
I don't know whether it was cause I was already in a bad mood, but that seriously pissed me off. Honestly, I am so incredibly tired of people saying art is an easy subject. Sure, it may not involve algebra, or calculating the velocity of something, complex equations or describing the social impacts of some new scientific research but that doesn't make it an easy subject. Until you can come back to me achieving top marks for an incredible major work done over a period of 9 months, a 25 mark essay on art history and criticism, and numerous short answer analyses, don't freaking tell me that art is easy.
/end rant.
In other news:
- broke my 1 cup of coffee per day during the weekend zzz
- played my piano for the first time yesterday since my exam, which was last October. Very surprised that I could still play my exam songs but of course, my fingers aren't as sharp/accurate as they used to be..
- kind of screwed for maths tomorrow
- touch fooooootieeeeee sooooon! Thank you Sarah for organising everything :)
- draft half yearlies timetable came out today. From memory, I have about 4 or 5 tests on the first week and 1 on the second week, so I guess I'm pretty lucky. Except for the fact Maths and VA are on the same day :\ but oh well I'll live.

i probably can't say much seeing as I've only done one year of senior visual arts but i agree, VA is heaps difficult. tbh i actually enjoyed the exams more than the practical work itself (cos they were easy to bs haha) but man theory and 1000word essays on postmodernism of particular artists were hard as hell ! :(
ReplyDeletewhich is probs why i dropped it in the first place haa, anyways, just trying to say i sorta know how you feel, GOODLUCK WITH YOUR MAJOR, YOU CAN DO IT ! (:
those people who say that are the social retards who want to be doctors or lawyers and don't do anything except maths. i know the feeling...
ReplyDelete@Amy: You should've continued VA! :( Year 12 VA is so much more fun but scary at the same time haha. But yeah I really hate the theory part.. pretty crap at it too hahaha :\
ReplyDelete@Guy: I KNOW RIGHT. Well we can be proud when we say we have a balanceddd lifestyle :) sorta haha.
haha you can tell VA is diffcult just by looking at your amazing artworks steph :) love them all!!! yeah and its pretty annoying its like that with the 4u maths people and how they see 2u =P
ReplyDeletedont worry steph, just keep doing what youre doing cause its great
P.S im expecting you to come top 10 in the state for VA hehe dont let me down =P
Thankss Gow! :) I'll try my best just for you! haha
ReplyDelete