Note: long post but this is so I can come back and read about my holiday when I'm older :D If I still have this blog.... lol.
Traveling and arrival
Our trip didn't start off so well with our shuttle bus failing to turn up at 5:30AM, resulting in my mum making a frantic phone call to a family friend to ask if they could drop the six of us at the airport. Luckily we had check-in online the night before, so we were still early by the time we got to the airport.
| My entertainment for the flight... drawing a portrait of Salvador Dali :) |
| Crystal and Jeremy on the giant escalator |
Then we walked through this bridge/walkway thing that lead to all the street markets and such.
| Walkway which turned out to be pretty convenient for us throughout the trip :P |
| Markets |
| Egg waffles! |
The Peak
| View from the ferry we had to catch on the way there |
| On the uber steep tram that went all the way up to the Peak. |
| On top :D It was extremely windy. |
| View |
We then went to go shopping at the nearby shopping places until it was dark. Then we realised the view from the Peak would be better at night so we ran back up the escalators and somehow managed to talk the lady at admission to letting us in again without buying another set of tickets hahaha. The view at night was 349583749583475 times better. Like I said a couple posts ago, it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen (minus the pollution lol).
| View at night :D |
| Family |
![]() |
| So so so pretty |
| Taken on the way back to the ferry |
Tian Tan Buddha
Caught the cable car to to see the giant buddha statue. The cable car ride was a good 20ish minutes and the floor was glass so you basically had a 360 view of everything. My dad is scared of heights (lol) so he was being extremely irritable throughout the ride har har har.
| Glass floor |
| Cable cars :D |
| Chillaxing in the cable carrrr~ |
| Finally at the place. Jeremy and I with the buddha in the background :) |
| The huuuuge set of stairs to go up. I died of exhaustion there bahahaha.. |
| Smaller statue |
| Huge bronze statue |
Tai O fishing village
This place was a 40-50ish minute bus ride from the giant buddha place. It was a very old fishing village and it was interesting to see how the people lived. Their way of living was very simple and somewhat 'carefree', and I guess it kind of made me appreciate what I had back home.
| Kitten :) |
| Mooncake moulds :D |
| Seafood stores |
| There were lots of random cats roaming around.. lol |
| Fishing boats |
Shopping etc.
When we weren't visiting tourist places, we were either shopping... or shopping.. haha. Oh and eating :p Bought heaps of stuff because it was so cheap, yay for the strong Australian dollar hehehe. Here are just some shots from our "free days" :)
| I love this picture :) |
| Frozen yoghurt! |
| Taking a break from shopping :) |
| Dinner |
| Hotel lobby |
| Dinner at some cafe I have forgotten the name of... lol |
| YUM CHAAAAAA :D |
On another note, I went to see the ArtExpress exhibition on Monday and it was really good :) Though I may be biased just because this is my year group hahaha..
| One of my favourites at the exhibition. It was about the nature of the praying mantis in the insect world. |
| Another one of my favourite - this one is about the artist's grandmother's struggle with amnesia. |
| Gary obviously very excited to be at ArtExpress :D Not. |
Steph.


Hiiii Steph. Though this isn't your latest post, thanks for the photos - they look fantastic and it almost feels as though I'm travelling there too (plus the cool weather we're having now).
ReplyDeleteUni is soooo different. We have to print heaps of stuff! And the new terms in science like 'coelem' and 'countercurrent' T_T
But it's a new way of life that won't feel so bad once we get used to it:) Be positive:)