This was the first restaurant we went to. We went up a dodgy lift that felt like it was about to collapse from the combine weight of the six of us... but then the doors opened to a really nicely set up (and lit up) place. We were immediately greeted by the staff, who could only speak minimal English so it was a bit hard communicating (but that was expected I guess). What we didn't know was that the restaurant was a smoking one so the whole place smelt of cigarette smoke. We quickly ordered and got out after =p But the food was really nice :)
| Osaka style pork omelette |
| Vending machines |
| Walking down the main street |
| Then we found a small takoyaki store! |
| Takoyaki! |
| In 'Family Mart' which was pretty much the same as the Seven Eleven stores |
| Huge Sake carton things that were like offerings to the spirits |
| Temple ritual |
| Wishing boards |
| Calligraphy done by school students |
| Next stop: Imperial Palace East Garden |
| Next stop: Sensoji temple |
| Nakamise-dori - a huuuge promenade leading up to the temple that was full of markets stores selling all sorts of things. It was super super crowded! |
| Plastic food :D |
| Next stop: Cruise around Tokyo Bay (no where near as beautiful as Sydney Harbour though! :D) |
| Desmond and I |
| Balloons from the wedding that was on the boat. I have NO idea why someone would have a wedding on the same boat as 40 random tourists.... |
| Brothers |
| Rainbow bridge (I think...) |
| Our boat :) |
| My dinner that night... which was at some random stop we found cause we were desperate for food bahahaha. |
Today was Andrew's 18th and after much confusion and with help from everyone we managed to still have a great day =p I hope haha. Andrew, I hope your 18th was a birthday to remember :)

Steph.

japanese food T_T
ReplyDeletei miss tokyo